- To allow teachers adequate preparation time, classes for all students will start at 9:00 AM every Monday, and 8:00 AM Tuesday through Friday.
- School buildings will open at 7:45 am on Mondays, and Wednesdays through Fridays. Classes will begin promptly at 8:05 am. The front door will be locked after 8:05 am, please make sure that your student arrives on time.
- Monday through Friday, Preschool and Kindergarten classes’ dismissal is at 12:00 pm.
- Monday through Thursday, dismissal time for grades 1st – 8th is at 2:30 pm.
- Friday dismissal time is at 12:00 pm for all students.
- Please pick up your children on time.
Teachers with dismissal duty will remain in the mosque until 2:45 PM If you might be late, please contact the school office or your child’s teacher in advance so that proper arrangements may be made.
Student Drop-off/Pick-up Procedure: (please complete the Dismissal Time Permission form)
Drop-off: Parents must drop off their children in the masjid’s parking lot; parents can also drop-off students attending the Capitol Hwy building in the parking lot across the masjid (not the Capitol Hwy Parking Lot). Students must enter the building from the basement side door (not the exit door under the Minaret). Students should not be dropped off on Alfred Street, Capitol Hwy, or at any neighbor or business parking lot. Please be safe and respect our neighbors properties. Please click on the picture below for drop off and pick areas.
**Students will NO LONGER be allowed to enter the masjid from the entrance on Alfred.**
Pick-up: Students will walk from the school building to the masjid parking lot at dismissal time. Parents must pick-up their children from the masjid’s parking lot at 2:30pm. Please sign the attached walking permission slip and return to school with all other admission forms. Students who have classes at the masjid must be picked up from the women’s or Men’s entrance of the masjid’s parking lot.
ISP will strictly observe the uniform dress code.
Girls: navy jumpers & pants with white blouse and white hijab or navy blue hijab. Girls in 7th and 8th grade classes must wear abaya or jelbabs.
Boys: navy pants and white top
Caps/hats and hoodies are not allowed.
Girls are not allowed to wear any type of makeup, or nail polish to school.
Only navy blue or white jackets/sweaters allowed. No images/characters etc.
Students have recess time at 9:55 am and at 12:10 pm. Please pack enough healthy foods and drinks for your child every day. We recommend avoiding hard candy and high fructose products.
School lunch is available for $3.00 a plate every Wednesday. The food is usually donated and prepared by volunteer mothers. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the ISP office. If you would like your child to purchase the school lunch on Wednesdays, please make sure to send money with him/her. Sorry, no credits will be extended for the school lunch. Also, please send each child with his/her own money.
Due to inclement weather, for the safety and welfare of our students and staff, ISP may need to close or dismiss early. In this case, parents will receive a phone call between 6:00 am and 7:00 am. The school closure information will also be posted to http://www.flashalert.net
ISP Rules- Behavior Expectations & Consequences:
Rules & Expectations:
- Students’ behavior should follow Islamic manners.
- Bad language and profanity will not be tolerated.
- Students must treat teachers, staff, and other students with respect.
- Students must respect school property.
- Students must arrive to school and be prepared for class by 8:00 am.
- Students will not act aggressively or show any physical violence.
- First offense: teacher intervention
- Second offense: conferences with parent.
- Third offense: mandatory Saturday school.
- Fourth offense: suspension.
- Fifth offense: expulsion.
ISP teachers and staff will enforce these rules and behavior expectations throughout the year. Our goal at ISP is to educate our students while helping them grow into respectful and responsible young adults.
Please complete all student forms on the form page for each student and return to ISP on the first day of class.
Cooperation: To build for a strong learning community, the administrative staff at ISP expect parents to respond to requests from our office in a timely manner. Ignoring an issue with student will only hurt the student short term or long term and may even hurt other students which is something ISP will not allow to happen. ISP administration may elect to suspend a student until the parents respond to requests. No response will result in terminating services to the student.